What We Teach/What Students Learn
Native/Japanese Team Teachers
– All classes are taught by native teachers, with Japanese teacher support for the lower age classes(1.5 and 2 year-old classes).
– Students learn about sharing and how to interact harmoniously with their peers.
– Specific exercises designed to develop patience are part of the daily routine, giving students time and space to slow their minds down and learn to enjoy the peace of the moment.
– Research shows that daily meditation not only improves behavioral awareness and cognitive performance, but it actually stimulates growth in brain size in key cerebral areas. – Daily guided mediation time is dedicated for all age levels, and increases in duration as students progress through the age levels.
mindfulness education in schools has proven benefits: it increases optimism and happiness in classrooms, decreases bullying and aggression, increases compassion and empathy for others and helps students resolve conflicts.
How to learn/How to think
– Visual/spatial reasoning training
– Lateral thinking and critical thinking
– Development of logic and practice in identifying and avoiding logical fallacies
– Learning occurs most rapidly through multi-channel input. Our curriculum is designed to
cover a range of activities which stimulate all five senses: sight, sound, feel, taste and smell. Particular care is taken to promote the use of as many senses as possible in learning new material. Specifically, listening, speech and body movement and body language gestures are a core feature of this proven learning system.
– Our school offers exclusive access to a local organic vegetable farming plot. Set on a 250 square-meter location within minutes’ walk from the school, the farm offers students a rare opportunity to gain first-hand experience in the cultivation, planting, growth and harvest of wholesome, healthy food.
– Leading research suggests that hands-on interaction with the soil directly contributes to micro-biome robustness and superior immune function. This includes developing a stable gut population, which not only provides protection from allergies, but contributes directly
to improved brain function and mood regulation.
Reverse-Engineered Approach to Growth and Skill Development
Physical Posture, Slow-Twitch Muscle and Injury Prevention with Professional Sports Mechanics Trainer, Kato San